Monday, November 23, 2009

Early Again for Tuesday

I'm going to Atlanta in the morning so here goes...
1. I'm almost finished unpacking the trailer FULL of craft/art supplies that my uncle donated - to me and the Y130. There was so much fun stuff in there - beads for jewelry, wood for painting, paint, paintbrushes, foam stickers in every shape and design imaginable, more paint. There was some not so fun stuff in there that will be going to Goodwill b/c I've learned that everything has someone that loves it or can make it into something lovable, right? I found some great fake flowers for my centerpieces, some wreath ribbon, some art projects for the kids, and some scrap fabric for applique. : )Thank you SO much! The kids (mine and the Y)are going to have so much fun with it all!
2. We are almost done with the Y130 decorating - it's looking pretty grinchy in there. The window is getting rave reviews and I added a few finishing touches today and I think I'm happy with it now. ;-) Corie put the HUGE (think 14') artificial tree up yesterday - Walmart donated their's from the front of the store last year and it looks so cute b/c it's a little taller than the ceilings so it curves at the top - just like a Who-tree! We have another that we are putting up outside. I have a few more small things to paint, but other than that it's looking finished.
3. I'm hitting IKEA with a passion tomm. finally for a couch!!! WOOHOO! I will be so glad to see that paycheck hit our account - all the bills are waiting patiently until tomm to be sent out and ones that can't be electronic are stamped and ready to go. So glad this is OVER!
4. Emma is out of school all week - it was supposed to be Thursday and Friday, but they decided to furlough the teachers this week to save some money and just combine it with the holiday. It's a sad state of affairs when we are furloughing school and you see all this wasteful spending on government buildings (like the new National Guard headquarters in Raleigh for a couple million dollars) or fighting over passing things in Congress. Just do what's right, it's not that hard.
5. Still no luck finding the hit and run guy. Picking up the police report tomm. to send to the insurance company who I'm sure by now is hating us.
6. Christmas shopping is just around the corner and I'm pretty set on all the kids, but everyone else I have no idea about............
7. I have a great idea for Abby and Emma's room - Emma wants a horse/fairy/flower/butterfly room. And since I haven't really ever done a real theme in her room and everyone else's is ALMOST finished...a few details here and there...I've decided to give her that wish. : ) Butterfly mobile copycatted from PBKids, a garden gate instead of a baby gate to block Ab from the stairs, flower lights from Ikea, soft blues and greens, and more. I'm really excited about it and will probably get started in December.
8. I'm getting Kaitlin's bed tomm so except for her desk/sewing area and painting her dresser, her room is done. : ) I've got some minor details - shelves on the walls, etc. - but the big stuff is done.
9. I'm working on the boys toy box tomm also - I'm drawing a little skateboard guy on it to match their extreme sports room. I hope it turns out like I'm thinking....
10. Did I mention I'm going to Atlanta tomm to get a COUCH! : )

KT

No comments: