Monday, November 9, 2009

Early 10 on Tuesday

I feel like crap tonight and suspect I'm going to feel worse in the morning, so I'm getting this done early....
1. WE WON! The National Guard admitted there was an "error" made and SFC Lewis was removed from  his orders incorrectly. They have reinstated them with an effective date of Oct 1, 2009 until May 31, 2010! This gives him plenty of time to heal and go through the MEB board and retire out! WOOHOO! : ) Such a relief. The Colonel in the J1's office was very helpful and has said that he will make sure the policy is being followed with other Soldiers as well. Thank you for all that were thinking and praying for us - they were surely heard! He will be here at home until he is cleared by the doctor - who is ordering a shoulder MRI since he is still having trouble with his arm - and then will most likely be doing Admin  work for a GEORGIA Guard unit!!!
2. Hopefully his paycheck will hit on Thursday and I can pay all the past due bills that have been piling up. The legal department gave us a letter to give to people explaining their error and asking people to waive late fees/etc. I'm hoping that they will listen to it, but if not, I'm just glad to get caught up!
3. I get a couch!!! If his paycheck comes in this week, we are going on Thursday or Friday!! Another WOOHOO!
4. We've started cutting supplies for the mad sewing frenzy that will happen hopefully next week. I'm  planning on making crayon rolls, I Spy Bags, Travel Felt Tic Tac Toe, dry erase frames, chalkboard shapes, felt play mats and cloth advent rings. I'll try to attach pictures as I go...
5. We made an offer on a building in Thomson today for lease. We gave them a time of 5pm on Wednesday to let us know...two long days!
6. My throat is killing me! Fred has been hacking all week and Kaitlin too. Well, apparently one of them decided to share the wealth. Yay! At least we have insurance now...I am so thankful for that!
7. I'm meeting Cori tommorrow to get started on Whoville at the Y130! So excited to get back to painting and being crafty! I've really missed the crazy kids that I worked with last time and can't wait to see everyone!
8. Abby will only wear soft soled shoes to walk in. She has a pair we got at Target and today we got her a pair of moccasin like boots, but she's going to be very limited in her style choices soon! She loves her shoes though..she puts them on first thing. Yesterday she was walking around in her diaper, a hat, and her shoes. Nice.
9. Wednesday is Veterans Day - please take a minute to think about all the Soldiers out there that protect our freedom. Everyday someone's father or husband or wife or mother dies doing this job, and it means the world to them when someone tells them that they appreciate it.
10. I got my china cabinet and trunk from the storage unit! I can't wait to refinish it and do the walls in the dining room!

Hugs
KT

No comments: