Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm a corporation!

Yep, that's right. I am now a vice president of a s-corp. Doesn't that sound fancy? : ) KadyBug is the corporation name, doing business as the Cottage Cafe...hopefully! We put an offer to lease in on the building this morning. Hopefully they will accept the terms and we'll be in business...if the Health Dept and the Fire Marshall sign off on the building without too many "to dos". We have 17 days to back out from the date of acceptance if the cost is too much to make the building "work" for what we need. I'm hopefully going to meet with the Health Dept tomm and the Fire Marshall just happens to be my neighbor so hopefully that can happen soon also!

Our plan is to sell muffins, danishes, fruit, etc with coffees and juices for breakfast. Then sandwiches, soups, salads and wraps for lunch. And a bakery - yummy cookies, cakes, brownies, treats, etc. Vanilla Cokes, Cherry Cokes, Orangeades, Lemonades. And then one wall full of glass jars of vintage candies (with some present day)...cow tales, pop rocks, razzles, gummis in every animal imaginable, Neccos, mouth color changing bubble gum (b/c who doesn't want that? Yuck..but the kids love it). If it goes well, in a year, we'll buy the building with the rent going towards the purchase price. If not, we'll assess and decide from there. It's something I can do during the day while the little ones are in preschool, make some extra money (hopefully!) and have some fun. Kaitlin is so excited about getting to help out. She'll have a laptop for days she's there with me and can do her schoolwork, and we'll get to spend some time together baking and cooking - which she LOVES. I'll still be home at night with the kiddos and Fred, and I can still volunteer at the Y - which I'm loving - so it's great all around! I'll try to snap some pics of the building tomm.. It's tiny, tiny in a tiny town, but it has a great feel to it and I'm so excited!!

Hugs
KT

No comments: