Okay, here's the updates - it's pretty much sick, sick, and more sick. It started with Abby and Emma and has quickly moved through the ranks all the way to Fred who went (finally) to the doctor today and got some meds for his brochitis - Kaitlin and I are still the only healthy ones although I'm fighting a sore throat. I'm trying the ignore it and it will go away treatment. :)
1. I am on an organizing kick this week - new menu boards, chore boards, and more. We are going to a daily game plan - I can't function in chaos and that's what it's been lately. Time to get back into a routine.
2. We've started couponing and have created quite a stockpile in the pantry. I got 8 boxes of pasta for FREE yesterday at the store. Then went to Target and spent $70, but save $56. We have enough food for 56 days in the freezers so I think we are on a roll. I figure the more I stock up now, the better it will be to only have to buy sales/loss leaders after we are on the lower income.
3. Fred finally got his paperwork back from the M.E.B. in San Antonio. They rated him at 60% which doesn't suck - it means we keep our insurance (currently only $460 a year), but it's still a heck of a paycut. Disability doesn't include housing or food, so it's only 60% of his base pay. We are hoping to supplement with VA disability and social security, but it will take awhile to do that so it's going to be tight for a while. At least we are a little closer to being able to move on to whatever is next.
4. Emma is playing basketball for Upward at the church and is doing really well. She wasn't sure of the whole point to going back and forth when there was a basket right there in front of her, but now she knows the rules and it's much easier. :)
5. We had a thunderstorm the other day and I've made a little wager that it will snow sometime in the next week...fingers crossed :)
Next week we should have more kid updates, it's been a little slow with everyone just laying on the couch watching tv and sleeping. Hopefully the fevers, coughs and runny noses will go away this weekend in time for Valentines' Day parties! <3
Hugs
Katie
Friday, February 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah for coupons!! Good job! I love getting stuff for free!
Post a Comment