Friday, February 5, 2010

Five on Friday

Since I missed Tuesday -
1. Fred had his follow-up with the spine surgeon and everything is healing nicely. Still has some stiffness and range of motion limitation, but that's to be expected with a two level fusion. He is going to have shoulder surgery on the 23rd b/c they believe he has a 50% tear of the rotator cuff and hopefully the surgery will fix what's wrong with his arm. Fingers crossed that it is the last of it!
2. Joey's birthday party is next week and I have so much to do - going to try to get some today while it's raining 30 feet of rain.
3. NC is auditing our tax refund for the "number of dependants claimed". I think it's crazy that I claimed the same amount last year and we live in a different state now and they are auditing me. Since we don't have certified copies of three of the kids birth certificates, I have to order them. Which means I have to give the state of NC money to get my money back. Seems a little crazy, but I guess that's how they are going to balance the budget this year. From what I've read online seems like a lot of these little "audits" and delays are popping up this year - more than most years.
4. You can't buy a good car anywhere anymore can you? The last of the two dependable brands are even crap - Toyota will either drive you aimlessly into a wall or another car at high speeds or won't let you stop and Honda driver windows are catching on fire. Nice.
5. Did you know that your state might have your child's DNA with their NAME attached to it? And they could randomly use it for testing that would be attached to their name and insurance record forever? Seems kind of creepy, huh?  http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/04/baby.dna.government/index.html?hpt=Sbin

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm grumpy with Honda for their new line of Civics. They know there's a problem with the rear upper control arm but unless you complain (within the first 25K miles) of excessive road noise or tire wear, they won't fix it for you.

So here I sit, three years out from the purchase of my car, thinking for all this time my Civis has a lot of road noise and apparently I drive like crap because I'm on my third set of tires; only to find out that it's a defect of the car but for a few hundred dollars it can be fixed. Never mind that I'm on my THIRD set of tires in a car that is just over three years old.

Anyone want a Honda Civis, with a repaired control arm, new tires, and a fresh oil change? Will trade for a Subaru.