Wow - I can't believe it's been so long - I know I haven't posted in awhile, but life really flies by when you aren't looking, huh?
So...since my last posting, I've had TWO back surgeries, Fred lost his job, talked to General Ingram, got a different job, we've been to cheer competitions in Raleigh and Myrtle Beach, Owen got another haircut, Joey turned two....lots of fun stuff. :)
My back is feeling 90% better. I'm probably doing a little more than I should be at this point - but with 5 kids and a husband that's been working 60+ hours a week, a vacation is not really an option (although very tempting!) I go back probably next week and I expect that they will declare it a success - I do feel the twinge in my leg every now and then, but it's nothing that I can't tolerate and if I know I'm going to be doing a lot of walking/motion, I take an aspirin ahead of time. I REALLY don't want to go for a third surgery b/c that means they fuse the vertebrate together and I want to wait until I'm much older before I do that..since it must likely will happen at some point. Now they are going to investigate the trouble with my neck - apparently my muscles are receiving crossed signals and they are holding my neck completely straight, not a curve as it should be. Hopefully it is simple like a slipped disk, but it could be something more so I'm going to a rheumatoligist for immune disorder testing, a neurologist for some other testing, and then back to my ortho for more MRI's, etc. So exciting, the life I lead :)
Fred is working with the Aviation unit and loving it. Much better environment than R&R command was...they actually appear to have brains attached to their bodies in this unit...which is always a plus! He'll work with them through their deployment return next April, and stay on for 90 days after that (July), and then we'll most likely be leaving all the green camo behind for NY. Emma is very excited about snow and camping and gardens. Owen just wants to play. Kaitlin wants a mall, cheer gym and not to be in "the middle of nowhere". We'll see how many I make happy!
Joey turned the big 2 and is becoming Mr. Independent. He's so cute - we cut his curls, but they sprouted again - all over his head instead of just the back. He's more adorable then ever now - he's got such a wicked little smile, and he does this giggle that makes me melt..no matter what trouble he's up to!
Abby is moving right along - she's already 9 months and I must admit I've had a few "where's my baby" pangs already. She's sitting and doing her own funny crawl - more like she's headbutting the floor, but it gets her around! She likes to stand and walk holding your hands, but she doesn't try to stand on her own much. She has tasted real food so it's very hard to get her to eat anything mushy - even with no teeth. She can pretty much gum anything to a pulp! Watch out when she gets some chompers!
Speaking of which, Emma chipped her tooth. We went to the St. Patrick's Day parade and she caught a beaded necklace..which she put in her mouth..which she was told not to..which she did again..which, again, she was told not to..and then, boom, bottom of her tooth off. She has weak enamel on two of her teeth (the DDS says this will most likely NOT reoccur on her permanent teeth)so it hit just the right spot. They fixed it and you can't tell, so her free necklace ended up costing us $34 and the insurance company $120. So much for free........
Kaitlin has her last cheer competition Easter weekend in Atlanta. Then it's back to the grindstone for a new routine for next year's round. We'll be in Tennessee (attention Tenn. people. :)in December hopefully - we'd love to see you! She's hoping to be a flyer next year - she was for 1/2 of the routine this year, but wants to do more - it's her favorite part (and while I LOVE watching her, I have to admit it freaks me out a little as she gets older and the tosses get a little higher!)
Owen graduated from speech and goes back in June for an assessment. He's missing Ms. Kate - she was his favorite part of Tuesdays, but he's doing SO well. Of course, the change has made a little bit of behavior problem at school - we're working through it, but he's spent a little time in the blue square in the classroom...Fred says he remembers being like that as a kid...so I know who to blame!
So, that's the scoop - I'll be back sooner next time - I have a ton of thoughts rolling around in my head I want to write about!
Katie
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment